To our patients and referring offices:
The entire team at West Valley Periodontics wants to ensure you that your health and safety are our number one priority. During this quarantine period, our team is actively seeking training and education regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. We have enhanced our protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health.
As part of our normal daily operations, we continue to observe the following safeguards against the spread of the disease. These are the standards that we have abided by from the day we opened our doors to ensure that West Valley Periodontics is one of the safest places to be:
• Before you enter the examination room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles, and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with medical-grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria and viruses.
• Disposable protective coverings on all equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
• Non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients using hospital-grade equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested monthly.
• Disposable dental tools and needles are always disposed of and never reused.
• All our team members involved in patient care use protective equipment such as gowns, masks, eyewear, and gloves. After each patient, mask and gloves are disposed of. Gowns are sent out to be cleaned by a medical laundry service. Before seeing the next patient, our team disinfects their hands and puts on new gloves, masks, and gowns. This is “Personal Protection Equipment” or PPE as you likely have been hearing about and we use PPE to protect both our patients and our team.
Your health and safety are our utmost priorities therefore, we have also implemented the following safeguards:
• We have implemented a “No Handshaking Policy” and you will see signs around the office to reflect this.
• Our welcoming area and reception counters will be disinfected after each patient. In compliance with social distancing standards, we will be limiting the number of patients in our welcoming area. If you have an appointment with us, we request that you come alone, with the exception of our sedation patients and minors.
• To continue promoting social distancing, we are asking that you call us when you have parked to let us know you have arrived at your scheduled appointment. Once your operatory is ready you will receive a text message letting you know when it’s time for you to come into the office.
• Treatment rooms will be limited to patients only.
• You will notice that the coffee and water machines have been removed from our welcoming area but will be available upon request.
• Our office bathroom will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day by our team members.
• Hand sanitizer is available at our reception area and in all treatment rooms.
• If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask while in the welcoming area, please ask any of our team members for one. You will not need a mask when you are in the treatment room as the doctor and the team members will be wearing their PPE for your protection.
• If any of our team members have any symptoms of a cold or flu, they will be advised to stay home for the safety of our patients and the rest of the team members.
What we are asking of our patients:
• As we mentioned earlier, please come alone to your dental appointment and allow for the practice of social distancing.
• Call us when you arrive in the parking lot and wait for instructions.
• If you are sick, running a fever, coughing, or not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment and do not enter the office. We are happy to reschedule your appointment at no charge and we thank you for considering the health of others.
• If you are healthy and come in for your scheduled dental appointment, please use a tissue when coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose, throw the tissue away and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
We are here to serve you, and our highest priority is to keep our community safe and healthy. West Valley Periodontics is one of the safest places you can be during this time, and having the proper dental treatment is one way to ensure total body health. Having untreated dental or oral infections can negatively affect your immune system and puts you at greater risk for other disease!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at (623) 556-1294 and (623) 935-0004, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website www.westvalleyperio.com for ongoing updates.
We are committed to your health and well-being; we miss you and cannot wait to see you soon!
Stay Strong and Healthy,
Dr.’s Bohra, Martin, Siu and the rest of the team at West Valley Periodontics.