Dental implants are the most advanced and best available alternatives for missing teeth. The longer the tooth remains missing, greater the chance of tooth decay and gum related diseases. With a dental implant one not only restores the original tooth, but can also save the tooth from having to be extracted. Our dental office is well known for dental implants, and our dental surgeons perform treatment with the utmost safety and care.
Need for dental implants:
People with lost or missing teeth tend to be less confident when smiling and they have difficulty biting and chewing food. Missing teeth can also bring down one’s self-esteem or confidence level to an extreme extent. For such problems, a dental implant is a perfect choice for restoring your natural teeth and enhancing the beauty of your smile.
A dental implant is generally carried out by a professional dental surgeon at his or her dental practice. A dental implant is done by implanting titanium screws or cylinders in the root, which are made to fuse with the bone. During your consultation, one of our periodontists will examine your teeth to identify areas that may need a dental implant. We will further assess if you have sufficient space and bone for a dental implant. The longer the teeth have been missing, the higher the chance of the bone being deteriorated.
Normally it takes about 3-6 months for the dental implant to fuse with the adjoining bones. Your dental surgeon will prepare a temporary mold until the permanent mold is prepared in the dental lab and is finally implanted in the area. With your new dental implant you can have a sturdy tooth which is almost unnoticeable from a natural tooth. Dental implants are considered to be very versatile and durable, and they will last a lifetime. Dental implantation can be done on a single tooth or on multiple teeth depending on your needs and situation. A recent study reports that 97% of the dental implants are successful and the patient can lead a normal life within a couple of months.
Maintaining good oral hygiene, regular checkups with your dentist, and professional cleaning will ensure proper care of your gums and bones which are essential for long term success of the implant.
Are you looking to undergo a dental implant in the state of Arizona? Then kindly get in touch with our office. Please schedule an appointment with Dr. Aziz Bohra or Dr. Siu, who are both well qualified and experienced experts in performing dental implants. They are available for consultation during office hours. Come find out for yourself about this life changing treatment! With dental implants in our safe hands, you can walk away with a confident smile. THAT’S A PROMISE FROM OUR END!
Who can benefit?
Dental implants can be a smart choice for adults of all ages, whether you were born without a tooth or have had teeth removed due to injury, infection or decay. They can also be an option for adolescents once facial growth and development has been completed. Generally, this occurs around age 16 for girls and age 18 for boys.
Here are four important advantages of dental implants, compared to alternatives such as dentures and bridges:
1. You’ll look and feel great. Dental implants feel, look, fit and function like healthy, natural teeth. They’re so comfortable you don’t have to think about them. You can brush and floss them just like you do your natural teeth — no need to remove them for cleaning. They also help you retain your natural face shape and smile.
2. They’re built to last. Dental implants that are properly cared for can last many decades. Many other alternatives, such as certain types of dental bridges and dentures, may need to be replaced as often as every 5 to 10 years, requiring a more significant investment of time and money,
3. You can live life with confidence. Your dental implants will be secure, so they won’t slip or click when you talk, eat or laugh. You’ll also find that your speech is more natural. With dental implants, you’ll have the peace of mind to eat what you love, say what you want to say, be as active as you want and smile broadly.
4. They protect facial bone and healthy teeth. Leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to health issues such as jawbone deterioration. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that actually helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss. Getting dental implants as soon as possible after losing a tooth helps prevent bone loss at the site. Also, dental implants don’t require grinding down adjacent teeth to anchor bridges or attach partial dentures.
Facts about dental implants:
- Ancient dental implants have been traced back to around 600 AD, when tooth-like pieces of shell were hammered into the jaw of a Mayan woman.
- Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth.
- In 1951, a small group of dentists who were successfully placing dental implants formed the AAID – American Academy of Implant Dentistry – to share their knowledge on the dedicated to advancing implant dentistry.
- In 1952, Swedish orthopedic surgeon P.I. Branemark discovered that titanium naturally fuses with bone, eventually switching his research focus to the mouth rather than the knee and hip.
- 3 Million people in the United States have implants, a number that is growing by 500,000 annually.